January 10, 2012

Swirl and Spin Art for Kids

The kids were super sick over the holidays so we didn't have much energy.  We did, however, have enough pep in our step to try out the new art projects I bought for the kids for Christmas.
Note to new moms:  ALWAYS buy the same toy for each child to prevent melt downs.  :)
I got these Swirl and Spins from Melissa and Doug during a great black Friday sale. 
                      


I've seen some of these that require batteries, but the ones I purchased were hand cranked.  Which, even my 2 year old was able to do successfully due to the wonderful suction cups on the bottom of the device that kept it secured to the table. 
                               
Even though we were all 'under the weather' it was a fun and easy project.  We did a ton and I'm saving some of them to turn into notes to send out to the family. 

It looks messy, but really the paint stays completely contained in its red holder.  Here is what it looked like when we were all done and took out the paper.
I thought this would be a huge mess to try to get all the built up paint out of the sides but all it took was spraying them with warm water from the sink and using a paper towel to wipe them down.  EASY!
All clean! 
I would recommend this project to anyone.  (I was not paid to endorse this product.  I just like to share great finds with friends).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...