February 11, 2012

Household Containers for Art Supplies


Don't throw out those egg cartons!  I've got a couple of household containers I love to reuse.  It's handy, cheap, 'green', and I've almost always got them in the house.

EGG CARTONS

These are THE BEST paint pallets for kids. I just cut the cardboard egg cartons into thirds, distribute the paint, and the kids go at it.  Love this!  I used to save the plastic icing containers that came with the Grands Cinnamon Buns but those just get tossed around everywhere in my craft bins, so I like these more.  Plus, when the kids are done, I just toss them in the trash.  How's that for easy clean up?

    



SWIFFER REFILL CONTAINERS
I also use the Swiffer alot and the containers that hold the wet swiffer refills are awesome for storage.  I rinse and dry them out and then store art supplies, first aid items for the car, Christmas ornaments in the extra large wet swiffer refill containers, etc.  The possibilities are endless!


1 comment:

  1. Lyd,
    I love both of these ideas. I save egg cartons thinking I might use them for something down the road. Now I have your idea. Mikey will love painting. I will not be as brave as you...we will paint outside.
    I definitely will save my swiffer containers for storing the art supplies. I've got a ton of stickers to decorate them.
    val

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...